Systems Accountant- Fraser Coast Regional Council
Hervey Bay, QLD
About the Organisation
The Fraser Coast is a mix of stunning landscapes, islands, cities and town, including Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island. From the heritage streetscapes of Maryborough to the rich farmlands of Tiaro and the sheltered waters of Hervey Bay, one of Australia's most popular beach destinations this diverse shire offers a myriad of professional and lifestyle advantages. The region covers an area of 7,125 km2 and has a population of more than 96,000 residents.
The Fraser Coast council is made up of the councillors and the Mayor and is divided into 10 divisions, each represented by a single Councillor and the operating budget is over $250 million. The council is experiencing significant growth and therefore has opened a new financial position to be part of the next phase of council’s development within the Directorate of Organisational Services.
About the Position
To manage all aspects of Council’s financial and management systems governed by financial services, to deliver financial system efficiencies across the council in line with best practice outcomes, Australian Accounting Standards, relevant legislation, and council policies.
Key Accountabilities include
- Responsibility for maintaining and improving existing systems and processes within the financial services section.
- Provide guidance and assistance across the financial services teams relating to systems and processes.
- Provide training to staff as required on systems and processes.
- Review current financial systems for process improvements and provide recommendations.
- Prepare business cases for system and process improvements or changes.
- Investigate, design and implement new systems and processes.
- Provide insight to management regarding innovative systems to streamline, automate and integrate financial and management systems.
- Liaise with external system providers.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit on systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation and council policies.
- Collaborate and assist with automation of data collection for financial and management reporting.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across council for system
Mandatory for this role will be the possession of tertiary qualifications in Commerce or Accounting. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in systems and process accounting in relation to both technology and process flow as well as project management. We are also seeking the proven change management skills relating to the implementation of systems and processes. Effective time management skills will be assesses along with the ability to work independently, setting priorities and organising workloads to meet deadlines.
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Peak Services is working in conjunction with Fraser Coast Regional council. exclusively on this position. We offer local government expertise across a wide range of professional fields, providing tailored solutions for councils and other similar organisations. We work with our clients to deliver meaningful outcomes in recruitment and contracting services.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage. If this position is not what you are looking for then please click on www.lgaqld.applynow.net.au for further vacancies listed with Peak Services.
Application will close on 1st August 2017 at 10:00 am. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete your application before the closing date and time.
For a confidential conversation, please phone Marion Millard, Executive Manager Financial Services, phone 4190 5805.